Manage a medieval mercenary company in a procedurally generated open world.
Battle Brothers is a turn based tactical RPG made by Overhype Studios, an independent game developer studio from Hamburg, Germany. The game took a lot of inspiration from some of best games out there: The original X-Com, Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat, Mount & Blade and Jagged Alliance. Lead a mercenary company in a gritty, low-power, medieval fantasy world. The game consists of a strategic worldmap and a tactical combat layer. You decide where to go, whom to hire or to fight, what contracts to take and how to train and equip your men in a procedurally generated open world campaign. On the worldmap you can freely travel in order to take contracts that earn you good coin, find places worth looting, enemies worth pursuing or towns to resupply and hire men at. Once you engage a hostile party the game will switch to a tactical map where the actual fighting takes place as detailed turn based combat.
Game Info and Download Link
Release Date: 24 March, 2017
Developer: Overhype Studios
Publisher: Overhype Studios
Genre: RPG, Indie, Strategy
Download Battle Brothers
OS: Win 7
CPU: 1.2 Ghz
RAM: 1 GB RAM
GRAPHIC: OpenGL 3.3 compatible video card with 512 MB
HDD: 1.5 GB
CPU: 2+ Ghz
RAM: 2 GB RAM
GRAPHIC: OpenGL 3.3 compatible video card with 1024 MB
HDD: 1.5 GB
- Manage a medieval mercenary company in a procedurally generated open world.
- Diverse enemy roster. All enemies have unique equipment, skills and AI behavior.
- Fight complex turn-based tactical battles with historical equipment and brutal injuries.
- A dynamic event system with atmospheric encounters and tough decisions outside of combat.
- Permadeath. All characters that die in combat will stay dead – unless they return as the undead.
- Three late game crises – a war between noble houses, a greenskin invasion and an undead scourge – add a looming threat.
- All characters come with their own background stories and traits. Want a stuttering ratcatcher, a greedy witch hunter or a drunkard disowned noble?
- Two full hours of orchestral soundtrack.
- Character development without a restrictive class-system. Each character gains experience through combat, can level up and acquire powerful perks.
- 70 Steam Achievements and Steam Trading Cards.
- Equipment that matters. Different weapons grant unique skills – split shields with axes, stun enemies with maces, form a spearwall with spears or crush armor with a warhammer.
Battle Brothers Trailer
Battle Brothers Review
Battle Brothers is a game about rolling with the punches and adapting your strategy and tactics based on ever changing situations and availability of options. Set in a very well done procedurally generated, dark fantasy, low-magic world. The game starts with your defeat and to get your outfit back to full strength is an uphill battle. You and your company of mercenaries must band together, uplift your coffer, and restore the glory that you have lost. The developers have created an amazing game, with solid mechanics and phenomenal artwork. By far the best tactical game released in the last years. Full of content, tough battles and tactical decisions in a grim world filled with enemies ready to murder your company. The music composed in this game perfectly complements the setting. If you like turn based combat, management, RPG and a new world every time you play, then grab it and you'll never regret it.