Survival horror from a top-down perspective that is terrifying to play.
Darkwood is a third-person survival horror single-player video game developed by Polish company Acid Wizard Studio. Scavenge and explore the rich, ever-changing free-roam world by day, then hunker down in your hideout and pray for the morning light. The game features a semi-open world, with the player unlocking new areas as the storyline progresses. It also features a crafting system, a day/night cycle, trading and NPC interaction, a skill system, stealth and combat, as well as new or improved mechanics being planned for the upcoming versions.
Game Info and Download Link
Release Date: 17 Jul, 2017
Developer: Acid Wizard Studio
Publisher: Acid Wizard Studio
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, RPG
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz or equivalent
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 4850
HDD: 6 GB
OS: Win 7 64
CPU: Intel i3
RAM: 6 GB
GRAPHIC: GeForce GTX 660
HDD: 6 GB
- Survival horror from a top-down perspective that is terrifying to play.
- Make decisions that impact the world of Darkwood, its inhabitants and the story you experience.
- By day explore the randomly generated, ever-sinister woods, scavenge for materials, craft weapons and discover new secrets.
- Meet eerie characters, learn their stories and decide their fate. And remember – don’t trust anyone.
- By night find shelter, barricade, set up traps and hide or defend yourself from the horrors that lurk in the dark.
- As nights go by, the lines between reality and nightmarish fantasies begin to blur. Are you ready to step into Darkwood?
- Gain skills and perks by extracting a strange essence from mutated fauna and flora and injecting it into your bloodstream. Watch out for unexpected consequences…
Darkwood provides a new perspective on survival horror. It is a dark, grim, desperate and creepy world, it feels very inspired and it's easy to get immersed into. The excellent graphics style and sound design work together to make a surprisingly intense atmosphere. The user interface is clear and simple, you won't have much trouble figuring it out. The crafting system is also straightforward. Enemies are diverse and have interesting strategies to deal with you. Some enemies go head on while others prefer to scare and mess with you. Strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a more open type of survival horror.