Face the task of building the last city on Earth and securing the means necessary for your people to survive.
Frostpunk is a city-building survival game developed and published by 11 bit studios for Microsoft Windows. It’s a society survival game that asks what people are capable of when pushed to the brink of extinction. In an entirely frozen world, people develop steam-powered technology to oppose the overwhelming cold. In an alternative timeline in 1886, snowstorms and frost led to failing crops and the death of millions.The player is the leader of a group of people who fled the cold and the hunger to find a heat generator. The player’s task is to manage them so they would fire up the generator and build a city, which should cover their basic needs. What decisions will you make to ensure the survival of your society? What will you do when pushed to the limit? And…who will you become in the process?
Release Date: 24 Apr, 2018
Developer: 11 bit studios
Publisher: 11 bit studios
Genre: Simulation, Strategy
OS: Win 7
CPU: 3.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: GeForce GTX 660, Radeon R7 370 or equivalent with 2 GB of video RAM
HDD: 8 GB
OS: Win 10
CPU: 3.2 GHz Quad Core Processor
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: GeForce 970, Radeon RX 580 or equivalent with 4GB of video RAM
HDD: 8 GB
- THE CITY MUST SURVIVE. Frostpunk is a society survival game where heat means life and every decision comes with a cost. You face the task of building the last city on Earth and securing the means necessary for your people to survive.
- DEVELOP NEW TECHNOLOGIES. Survival demands progress. React to current events, but don’t forget about the long term and investing in development and technological progress. Providing a highly advanced infrastructure with self-powered automatons, airships and other technical wonders is difficult, but achievable. It all depends on your management and leadership skills.
- MAINTAIN HOPE. Survival is about hope and the will to live. Your ability to spark and maintain them both in your people will be a deciding factor in your success.
- EXPLORE THE FROSTLAND. While New London is your main focus, there is much more to the world than what lies within the limits of your city. Expeditions, while risky, can bring you valuable intel, precious supplies and grow your society’s population. There may be people out there, and their fate lies solely in your hands.
- MAKE THE LAW. Society is a group of people who abide by the same rules and share similar beliefs. Establish laws that regulate the existence of your growing society. Decide on their working routine, healthcare, food provision and other crucial aspects of everyday life. Maintain their hope and contentment – the moral condition of your society is as important as securing the basic means to keep them fed and safe.
- SHAPE YOUR SOCIETY. If you reach a turning point, do not hesitate to determine the path of your people. Should you rule them with an iron fist… or show them a way of compassion and faith? Reach for extremes or try to find a fair balance. Whichever you choose, remember: there’s no turning back.
- WEIGH UP YOUR CHOICES. Some of your decisions will seem small – like deciding the fate of a troubled citizen or meeting the demands of a newborn faction – but be aware that the sum of your doings can lead to unexpected results. Your people put their faith in you, but their devotion is not limitless. Leadership can be a burden.
- GO BEYOND THE CAMPAIGN. The main story campaign can go different ways depending on your playstyle, but it is still not the only challenge to tackle. Frostpunk offers different scenarios and additional updates with new content will be added in the future.
Frostpunk is a challenging city builder where your decisions have dramatic repercussions on the citizens you’re tasked with looking after in a wintery apocalypse. The city’s ruler has to manage both the citizens and the infrastructure they live in. The leader’s tactical skills face challenges that will frequently question morality and the basic foundations of what we consider organized society. It’s a test and to pass it you must fail somewhere. Save a few and sacrifice many, or let them all die, but your conscience is clear. The dystopian reality is wonderfully made, and you'll feel cold just staring at the in-game thermometer. One of the most intense, beautiful, and emotionally resonant games that features arranging housing and streets ever made.