Classic side-scrolling action, with all the modern trimmings.
Hollow Knight is a side-scrolling indie adventure game made by Team Cherry. Explore twisting caverns, ancient cities and deadly wastes; battle tainted creatures and befriend bizarre bugs; and solve ancient mysteries at the kingdom’s heart. Over 130 enemies! 30 epic bosses! Face ferocious beasts and vanquish ancient knights on your quest through the kingdom. The world of Hollow Knight is brought to life in vivid, moody detail, its caverns alive with bizarre and terrifying creatures, each animated by hand in a traditional 2D style. Beneath the fading town of Dirtmouth sleeps an ancient, ruined kingdom. Many are drawn below the surface, searching for riches, or glory, or answers to old secrets. Forge your own path! The world of Hallownest is expansive and open. Choose which paths you take, which enemies you face and find your own way forward.
Release Date: 24 February, 2017
Developer: Team Cherry
Publisher: Team Cherry
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E5200
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: GeForce 9800GTX+ (1GB)
HDD: 9 GB
OS: Win 7 64
CPU: Intel Core i5
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: GeForce GTX 560
HDD: 9 GB
- Classic side-scrolling action, with all the modern trimmings.
- An enormous cast of cute and creepy characters all brought to life with traditional 2D frame-by-frame animation.
- Tightly tuned 2D controls. Dodge, dash and slash your way through even the most deadly adversaries.
- Over 130 enemies! 30 epic bosses! Face ferocious beasts and vanquish ancient knights on your quest through the kingdom. Track down every last twisted foe and add them to your Hunter’s Journal!
- Explore a vast interconnected world of forgotten highways, overgrown wilds and ruined cities.
- Leap into minds with the Dream Nail. Uncover a whole other side to the characters you meet and the enemies you face.
- Forge your own path! The world of Hallownest is expansive and open. Choose which paths you take, which enemies you face and find your own way forward.
- Beautiful painted landscapes, with extravagant parallax, give a unique sense of depth to a side-on world.
- Evolve with powerful new skills and abilities! Gain spells, strength and speed. Leap to new heights on ethereal wings. Dash forward in a blazing flash. Blast foes with fiery Soul!
- Chart your journey with extensive mapping tools. Buy compasses, quills, maps and pins to enhance your understanding of Hollow Knight’s many twisting landscapes.
- Equip Charms! Ancient relics that offer bizarre new powers and abilities. Choose your favourites and make your journey unique!
- Complete Hollow Knight to unlock Steel Soul Mode, the ultimate challenge!
- A haunting, intimate score accompanies the player on their journey, composed by Christopher Larkin. The score echoes the majesty and sadness of a civilisation brought to ruin.
Hollow Knight Trailer
Hollow Knight Review
Hollow Knight is a classically styled 2D action adventure across a vast interconnected world. To put things simply, you are a warrior in an insect world. You journey underground to fight creatures, find treasure, and to discover the mysteries about the world you live in. The combat and platforming is fast, fluid, and feels great. Defeating enemies, and finding cocoons awards you with currency to purchase items from vendors, such as maps and charms. Plenty of upgrades to buy or find, and new skills to unlock. This game is definitely for those people who enjoy a good challenge, love exploration, and don’t mind running into dead ends regularly until they unlock the skills they need to progress. If you like classic gameplay, cute but creepy characters, epic adventure and beautiful, gothic worlds, then Hollow Knight awaits!