Classic VR Space Combat Simulator.
House of the Dying Sun is a virtual reality space shooter made by Marauder Interactive, LLC. HotDS was carefully designed for both traditional monitors and VR headsets such as the HTC Vive. The game puts you in the cockpit of the Empire’s most deadly interceptor and in command of the Harbinger Fleet. The rules are simple, fight randomly-generated fleets until you lose your fighters or your Host Termination Timer is up. Each fleet is led by one or more traitor lords with a random set of upgrades. Eliminating these leaders fends off death by adding time your Host Termination Timer, Bonuses may be earned by eliminating civilian vessels. Your furthest wave and time is put on display using Steam Leaderboards. Hunt down the enemies of your dying empire and upgrade your warships with new weapons and abilities earned during your campaign of terror.
Game Info and Download Link
Release Date: 1 November, 2016
Developer: Marauder Interactive
Publisher: Marauder Interactive
Genre: Action, Shooting, Virtual Reality
Download House of the Dying Sun
OS: Win 7
CPU: 2.4GHz Quad Core Processor
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: DirectX 9.0c compatible, 2048 MB of VRAM
HDD: 2 GB
OS: Win 10 64
CPU: Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290 equivalent or greater (DX11 for VR)
HDD: 2 GB
- Take Command: Give orders to any vessel in your fleet from a tactical overview, switch to another fighter, or pause time and carefully consider your next move
- Classic Space Sim Combat: Fly from the cockpit of the Executor Mk II with gameplay heavily influenced by the titans of yesteryear
- Powerful Upgrades: Complete bonus objectives to earn special fleet upgrades such as the Gap Drive or the Kamikaze Chassis. You’ll need these to tackle the most difficult scenarios.
- Replayable Scenarios: Choose one of four increasingly-brutal difficulties in each of the 14 campaign scenarios.
- VR & Monitor Support: House of the Dying Sun was carefully designed for both traditional monitors and VR headsets such as the HTC Vive. It also supports 21:9 displays!
House of the Dying Sun Trailer
House of the Dying Sun Review:
House of the Dying Sun is great little space game, mixing the best parts of old school space-sim with some tactical depth. Ever wondered what would happen, if someone made a spiritual successor to Tie Fighter? Well this game may not be it, but so far it's the closest thing we got and it's good. In VR it is really something to behold. It feels so natural and immersive. The cockpit details are incredibly well done, and you will find yourself moving your head to keep an eye on enemy targets through the large canopy while your hands intuitively fly toward them. There's enough in the way of a campaign and single player challenges to keep you occupied for a while, and when you're ready to move on, there's Challenge Mode, and that gives you a new scenario every day. If you liked classic space sims, HOTDS will scratch that itch better than anything else on the market.