Masterfully Crafted Story and Beautifully Desolate Open-World.
Nier: Automata is an action role-playing video game developed by Platinum Games and published by Square Enix, set on a post-apocalyptic Earth thousands of years after the events of the original Nier. Humanity has been driven from the Earth by mechanical beings from another world. In a final effort to take back the planet, the human resistance sends a force of android soldiers to destroy the invaders. The player takes the role of combat androids from the YoRHa units across an open world environment. In addition to standard navigation on foot, using a special item can summon a wild animal the player character can ride, and in some scenarios a flying mech is available for fighting enemies. The tight controls and incredibly fluid combat are simple to learn for newcomers while offering plenty of depth for more experienced action gamers. Players can perform high-speed battle actions—combining light and heavy attacks—and switch through an arsenal of weaponry while evading enemies with speed and style. As the player characters progress, they gain experience levels, increasing their health, defense, and attack power.
Release Date: 17 March, 2017
Developer: PlatinumGames Inc.
Publisher: Square Enix
Genre: Action, RPG
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 or AMD A8-6500
RAM: 4 GB RAM
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 VRAM 2GB or AMD Radeon R9 270X VRAM 2GB
HDD: 50 GB
OS: Win 7 64
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670 or AMD A10-7850K
RAM: 8 GB RAM
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 VRAM 4GB or AMD Radeon R9 380X VRAM 4GB
HDD: 50 GB
- Action-Packed Battles – Players will switch between using melee and ranged attacks in battle against hordes of enemies and challenging bosses across a variety of open field maps.
- Elements of an RPG – Players will obtain a variety of weapon types, level up in battle, learn new combat skills, and customise a loadout that caters to their playstyle.
- Beautifully Desolate Open-World – The game seamlessly joins together hauntingly beautiful vistas and locations with no area loading. The environments are rendered in 60fps and contain a wealth of sub-events in addition to the main storyline.
- Utilise the Pod Support System to Assist In and Outside of Battle – Pods can attack the enemy in both manual and lock-on modes. They can also assist outside of battle, such as allowing the player to glide through the air.
- Masterfully Crafted Story and Characters – NieR: Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their ferocious battle to reclaim a machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful weapons known as machine lifeforms.
- “Auto Mode” Available for Beginners – Novice players can elect “Auto Mode” for easy attacks and evasions.
NieR: Automata Trailer
NieR: Automata Review
NieR Automata is the ultimate JRPG, mixing this genre perfectly with the Hack n’ Slash style. It’s an expertly crafted story that’s uniquely presented to toy with the way you perceive characters and the world surrounding them. The combat and the RPG systems are fun and interesting, but what will likely stick with you from Automata is its thematic strength. You might be pulling off bad-ass combos in slick, speedy combat, but the game can also give you pause to muse about the existential philosophies it posits and questions - that's a special thing indeed. Character customization is handled through Chips, items installed into the player characters that adjust some of their attributes; these chips can do thing such as alter the HUD to show enemy health and damage and grant status buffs to the player characters. This game is a true, genuine work of art, and anyone who wants to prove that gaming does possess an equivalent to the greatest novels, operas, theatre plays, or paintings, now has that very game to point to. Exceptional in every way. NeiR: Automata delivers on every cylinder, providing one of the best experiences this year. And if you're new to the craziness that is a Yoko Taro game, know that this is the absolute best time to jump in.