As a difficult side-scroller game, you need to “beat” the game only by using lanterns.
Shio is an indie platformer made by Coconut Island Studio. Who is this man under that mask? What he is doing there? Is he looking for something? Many questions, but only one way to find an answers. Don’t blindly follow lanterns, try to find hidden rooms, and if you succeed, you will learn more about man under the mask. “Shio” isn’t a typical platform jumping game, floating lanterns aren’t just a decoration, it’s a tool that you can use them to explore the world of “Shio”. In the game players will see hundreds of lanterns, don’t let simple lantern fool you, it is just seeming easy to jump on them. If you are big fan of Super Meat Boy, you will like Shio as well!
Release Date: 5 May, 2017
Developer: Coconut Island Studio
Publisher: Coconut Island Studio
Genre: Adventure, Action, Indie
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel core i5 2557M
RAM: 2 GB
GRAPHIC: GeForce GT440 or HD5570
HDD: 4 GB
OS: Win 7 64
CPU: Intel core i5 3570
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: Geforce GT 740 or HD6790
HDD: 8 GB
- Original side-scrolling platform game. As a difficult side-scroller game, you need to “beat” the game only by using lanterns. There are no “enemies”, the only enemy is an “environment” challenging levels design will never make you feel bored.
- Sad and mysterious story. The main engine which drives players to continue challenge themselves and overcome difficulties is the story of masked man. Nobody knows what happened to him and why he always keeps silence.
- Meaningful scene layout. The game divided into four chapters, each chapter represents its own mood, its own weather. This “weather” will affect the level design and challenges that player will facing with.
- Background music. There is no game without music in it, music in the game plays the main role. Composed individually for every chapter in the game, it enchanting all feelings from the game.
- All kinds of traps. Players will find many various traps and obstacles, the key is to learn how they work and be familiar with them.
Shio is a good looking, very well-crafted platformer that has some real challenge to it. There are no “enemies”, the only enemy is an “environment” challenging levels design will never make you feel bored. Floating lanterns aren’t just a decoration, it’s a tool that you can use them to explore the world of “Shio”. The game makes use of a “midair jump reset” mechanic which means you have to maneuver through difficult obstacles while making use of the jump resets, this means timing your jumps correctly and otherwise you’re sent right back to the previous checkpoint. If you are big fan of Super Meat Boy, you will like Shio as well!