Build a camp and scavenge food to keep yourself from starving in dangerous forest.
The Forest is a first-person open world-survival video game developed by Endnight Games. As the lone survivor of a passenger jet crash, you find yourself in a mysterious forest battling to stay alive against a society of cannibalistic mutants. The player survives by creating shelter, weapons, and other survival tools. Inhabiting the island, along with various woodland creatures, are a tribe of nocturnal, cannibalistic mutants who dwell in deep caves beneath the island. While they are not necessarily always hostile to the player, their usual behavior is aggressive, especially during the night. The Forest was inspired by cult films such as The Descent and Cannibal Holocaust and video games like Minecraft and Don’t Starve, and was accepted as part of Steam Greenlight in 2013.
Relase date: 30 May 2014
Developer: Endnight Games
Genre: Survival Horror
OS: Win XP 32
CPU: Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.40GHz / Athlon X2 7550
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: GeForce 8800 GT / Radeon HD 4830 512MB
HDD: 5 GB
OS: Win 7 64
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6400 2.13GHz / Phenom 9500 Quad-Core
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: GeForce GTX 560 / Radeon HD 5850 1024MB
HDD: 5 GB
- Explore and build during the day. Defend your base at night. Craft weapons and tools. Bunker down during the evening or bring the fight directly to the enemy.
- Chop down trees to build a camp, or start a fire to keep warm. Scavenge food to keep yourself from starving.
- Defend yourself against a clan of genetic mutant enemies that have beliefs, families, morals and that appear almost human.
- Build a small shelter or a large ocean side fortress. Lay traps and defences to keep a safe perimeter.
- Use stealth to evade enemies, or engage them directly with crude weapons built from sticks and stones.
The Forest Trailer
The Forest Reviews:
The Forest is an exciting, beautiful and terrifying survival horror game. Amazing world with a vast sense of scale from the beginning. The inhabitants of the jungle are completely terrifying and will climb trees and hunt after you, leaving you in a cave surround by bodies. The crafting system and the survival mechanics are a welcome edition, and work well.