Immerse yourself in a single-player, isometric, story-driven RPG set in Monte Cook’s Numenera universe.
Torment: Tides of Numenera is an advedture role-playing game developed by inXile Entertainment and published by Techland Publishing. The game will take place in Numenera, a fantasy campaign setting written by Monte Cook. It will use the Unity game engine. Like its predecessor, Torment: Tides of Numenera will be primarily story-driven, giving greater emphasis on interaction with the world and characters, with combat and item accumulation taking a secondary role. The philosophical underpinnings of Torment drive the game, both mechanically and narratively. You are born falling from orbit, a new mind in a body once occupied by the Changing God, a being who has cheated death for millennia. If you survive, your journey through the Ninth World will only get stranger… and deadlier. You must escape an ancient, unstoppable creature called the Sorrow and answer the question that defines your existence: “What does one life matter?”. Instead of a classic alignment system acting as a character’s ethical and moral compass, Torment: Tides of Numenera will use “Tides” to represent the reactions a person inspires in their peers. Each Tide has a specific color and embodies a number of nuanced concepts that are associated with it. As with its spiritual predecessor, Planescape: Torment, the gameplay of Torment: Tides of Numenera will place a large emphasis on storytelling, which will unfold through a “rich, personal narrative”, and complex character interaction through the familiar dialog tree system.
Release Date: 26 January, 2016
Developer: inXile Entertainment
Publisher: Techland Publishing
Genre: Adventure, Indie, RPG
Torment: Tides of Numenera
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel Core i3 or equivalent
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or equivalent
HDD: 20 GB
OS: Win 7 64
CPU: Intel i5 series or AMD equivalent
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or equivalent
HDD: 20 GB
- A Deep, Thematically Satisfying Story. The philosophical underpinnings of Torment drive the game, both mechanically and narratively.
- A World Unlike Any Other. Journey across the Ninth World, a fantastic, original setting, with awe-inspiring visuals, offbeat and unpredictable items to use in and out of battle, and stunning feats of magic.
- A Rich, Personal Narrative. Thoughtful and character-driven, the story is epic in feel but deeply personal in substance, with nontraditional characters and companions whose motivations and desires shape their actions throughout the game.
- Reactivity, Replayability, and the Tides. Your choices matter, and morality in the Ninth World is not a simple matter of “right” and “wrong”.
- A New Take on Combat. With the Crisis system, combat is more than just bashing your enemies.
Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer
Torment: Tides of Numenera Review
Torment: Tides of Numenera is a single-player, isometric, narrative-driven role-playing game set in Monte Cook’s Numenera universe, and brought to you by the creative team behind Planescape: Torment and the award-winning Wasteland 2. Your words, choices, and actions are your primary weapons. You will decide the fates of those around you, and characters will react to your decisions and reputation. The result is a deeply replayable experience that arises naturally from your actions throughout the game. Powered by technology used in the award-winning Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment, the Numenera setting by Monte Cook provides endless wonders and impossibly imaginative locations for you to explore. Plan your way through hand-crafted set-pieces which combine battles with environmental puzzles, social interaction, stealth, and more. Fantastic game. Great dialogue and great characters. Very fun to play and very enjoyable to explore.